Exam season is undoubtedly the most stressful time of year. Here are some tips for dealing with stress and ace those exams.
1. Making a Timetable
Making timetable perhaps might look old school, but it’s the only way to ensure you don’t miss a study deadline or worst case scenario; forgetting an exam. Google Calendar is the best way to stay ahead of the entire exam schedule by colour coding specific times to study for each exam.
- Schedule the most important tasks first; things that cannot be moved or exam times.
- Schedule/ Personalise it to your study time as well and specify which exam you are going to be studying for.
2. Eat Healthy
A balanced diet is what we should be eating daily, but the stress can make anyone eat oily and fatty foods which can lead to you feeling sick; less likely to focus on studies.
- COFFEE is not always the best option- Overdoing it on caffeine can lead to a loss of focus.
- Consume water to keep yourself hydrated.
Cooped up in a room can add to the exam fear; so the best way to take your mind off for a while is to make use of the outdoors. Sitting with a textbook in the house all day can get a little claustrophobic, so why not venture outdoors for a while?
- Go for a walk/jog/run
- Walk your dog
- Dance in your room- a great way to release physical energy and not go crazy.
4. Staying Calm
Meditating is the best way to control your mind. Emptying thoughts and relieving stress is the best way to stay on track. It is the simplest way to make sure you are at peace and remain confident in whatever you have studied.
- Pick a quiet spot and focus on your breathing.
- Do a little light yoga stretching while sitting down.
The last thing anyone one thinks about during exams is SLEEP! However, to perform well, we should aim to get between 7 – 9 hours of sleep each night. Staying up super late or cramming all night for a test won’t do anyone much good.
- Go to sleep and rise at around the same time every day.
- Do not use electronic devices before bed.
Remember: Compose yourself and have a stress free, productive exam season.