Connect with us

Featured

Why Twitter Restricts 50 Posts In Relation To Loni Assault Case

Published

on

Twitter Loni Case FIR | News Aur Chai

Twitter India has restricted 50 tweets related to the assault of an elderly Muslim man in Loni, Ghaziabad. The action was taken against Twitter due to an ongoing investigation by the Uttar Pradesh (UP) police against the microblogging platform for promoting communal violence.

Since June 14, 2021, a video of the assault has been circulating on social media. According to that video, 72-year-old Abdul Samad Saifi was assaulted and forced to chant “Jai Shri Ram”. He said that the assailants cut his beard and made him watch the videos where other Muslims were being attacked. The Ghaziabad Police registered the complaint against Twitter on June 15, 2021. They claimed that the tweets had an alleged intent of “provoking communal unrest” in the country.

Twitter, in its statement, said, “As explained in our Country Withheld Policy, it may be necessary to withhold access to certain content in the response to a valid legal demand or when the content has been found to violate local laws.” They added, “The legal requests that we receive are detailed in the biannual Twitter Transparency Report, and requests to withhold content are published on Lumen.”

The Uttar Pradesh police had sent a legal notice to Twitter India’s Managing Director Manish Maheshwari on June 17, 2021 for ‘provoking communal disruption’ over posts related to the assault. The legal notice was sent to Twitter after Amit Acharya, a Delhi based lawyer, filed a Criminal Complaint about spreading fake news about the assault. The complaint targeted Swara Bhaskar, journalist Arfa Khanum, Twitter India Head Maheshwari and Md Asif Khan.

The Case:

On June 5, 2021m 72-year-old Abdul Samad Saifi was beaten up by six people and the assailants chopped off his beard. The video went viral on social media platforms. On June 7, 2021, Saifi, along with the local Samajwadi Party leader Ummed Pahalwan Idrisi, lodged an FIR. Later, he took part in a Facebook live and alleged that he was beaten and forced to chant ‘Jai Shri Ram’. However, Ghaziabad Senior Superintendent of Police Amit Pathak said that in the FIR lodged by Abdul Samad on June 7, 2021, he did not make any allegation of being forced to chant Jai Shri Ram.

The police mentioned that the attack occurred because the accused were unhappy over the ‘tabeez’ (amulets) sold to them by Saifi. In turn, they ruled out any communal angle in this case. Superintendent of police Iraj Raja said four more accused — Himanshu, Anas, Shavez and Babu — have been arrested. This takes the total arrests, in this case, up to nine. The police earlier arrested Kalloo Gurjar, Parvesh Gurjar, Adil, Intezaar, Saddam, alias Bauna. All of them were accused of Abdul Samad Saifi’s attack in the Shaheed Nagar district of Ghaziabad. Saddam and Intezaar were granted bail on June 17, 2021.

Ghaziabad Police claimed that the assault took place because of personal dispute but had been portrayed in a communal manner on social media.

The police had booked Twitter, Twitter India, Alt News’ Co-founder Mohammad Zubair and their fact-checker, ‘The Washington Post’ columnist Rana Ayyub, senior journalist Saba Naqvi, digital news portal ‘The Wire’ and a few Congress leaders for “provoking communal disputes”.

Twitter India Managing Director Manish Maheshwari said he is available on video conferencing to explain the issue to the authorities. Maheshwari said that he was willing to cooperate with the police fully.

FIR Copy on Twitter India Loni Case | News Aur Chaai

Notice by Ghaziabad Police

On June 19, 2021, Samajwadi Party leader Ummed Pahalwan was arrested by the Ghaziabad Police in connection with Loni incident. So far Ghaziabad Police has arrested 10 people are all are under interogation.

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Pingback: Twitter's Tussle With Indian Government ~ News Aur Chai

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

College Events

Project Zaraat by Enactus DCAC

Published

on

By

Project Zaraat | News Aur Chai Media

Farmers form the backbone of the Indian Economy, making up more than 40% of the workforce. However, every day 28 people dependent on farming commit suicide—the post-harvest losses in the country amount to over 93,000 crores per year. The loss of 93,000 crores constitutes approximately 40% of the country’s total produce. This occurs due to the perishable nature of agricultural produce, which often forces farmers to sell their produce at the prevailing market price, be it high or low, thereby resulting in a loss of bargaining power.

Addressing this issue through the positive power of social entrepreneurship, Enactus DCAC, an international not for profit student body organisation, initiated Project Zaraat for the upliftment of the farming community. The mission of Project Zaraat is to minimise post-harvest losses and enhance forward linkages through a self-sustaining social enterprise.

Project Zaraat | News Aur Chai Media

Project Zaraat | Image Source: NAC Media

Under the mentorship and guidance of Michigan State University and the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Zaraat provides the farmers with a unique storage solution that works on the principle of evaporative cooling. It is affordable, portable, and eco-friendly, making it different from conventional storage facilities. Moreover, this solution increases the shelf life of the produce by upto ten days, ensuring that the quality of produce does not deteriorate. Apart from this, they also aim to partner with various B2B aggregators to ensure a rise in income for the farmers and provide them with payment security.

Project Zaraat | News Aur Chai Media

Project Zaraat | Image Source: NAC Media

Currently, they are in the process of integrating farmers into an FPO to ensure collective bargaining power. They are also exploring sustainable agriculture practices that are vital in a climate constrained world.

Project Zaraat is a recipient of the KPMG Ethics Grant and also received a Special Mention at the Enactus Early Stage National Competition 2021.

Building on this by the end of the year, they aim to sustain the lives of 100 farmers by providing them with an income boost of 25%, reduce post-harvest losses by a whopping 60%, and minimise the energy consumption by 20%. For more information, visit www.enactusdcac.com.

Continue Reading

Featured

हेलीकॉप्टर दुर्घटना में सीडीएस जनरल बिपिन रावत, उनकी पत्नी और 11 अन्य की मौत

Published

on

General Bipin Rawat

तमिलनाडु के कन्नूर में वायुसेना के हेलीकॉप्टर दुर्घटनाग्रस्त होने के बाद चीफ ऑफ डिफेंस स्टाफ जनरल बिपिन रावत और उनकी पत्नी मधुलिका रावत समेत 11 अन्य लोगों का निधन हो गया है। सीडीएस बिपिन रावत सेना के Mi-17V5 हेलिकॉप्टर कोयंबटूर के सुलूर एयरबेस से वेलिंगटन की ओर जा रहे थे, जहां कॉलेज के एक कार्यक्रम में उन्हें हिस्सा लेना था। हेलिकॉप्टर सुलूर से वेलिंगटन की ओर जाते समय कुन्नूर में क्रैश हुआ। सीडीएस बिपिन रावत का हेलिकॉप्टर नीलगिरी के जंगलों में दुर्घटनाग्रस्त हुआ, इस इलाके को टी एस्टेट भी कहा जाता है। वायुसेना के हेलिकॉप्टर दुर्घटनाग्रस्त होने के बाद जनरल रावत को घायल अवस्था में अस्पताल ले जाया गया जहां उन्होंने दम तोड़ दिया। वायुसेना ने ट्वीट करते हुऐ इस बात की पुष्टि की है। वायुसेना की जानकारी के अनुसार 14 में से 13 लोगों की मौत हो चुकी है और ग्रुप कैप्टन वरुण सिंह का अस्पताल में इलाज चल रहा है। ऐसा कहा जा रहा है कि दुर्घटना कोहरे की स्थिति के चलते साफ न दिखाई देने के कारण हुई है। वायुसेना ने कहा कि हादसे की जांच के आदेश दे दिए गए हैं।

जिस हेलिकॉप्टर में जनरल रावत सवार थे वह हेलीकॉप्टर एमआई सीरीज का था। Mi-17V5 हेलिकॉप्टर में दो इंजन होते हैं और इसे वीआईपी चॉपर कहा जाता है। काफी लंबे समय से वायुसेना इसका इस्तेमाल करती आई है। यदि कहीं हवाई पट्टी की सुविधा उपलब्ध नहीं होती तो वहां पर वीआईपी मूवमेंट इसी हेलीकॉप्टर के जरिए होता है।

प्रधानमंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी, राष्ट्रपति रामनाथ कोविंद समेत कई नेताओं और अभिनेताओं ने जनरल रावत के निधन पर शोक संवेदना व्यक्त की है।

प्रधानमंत्री मोदी ने ट्विट करते हुए कहा “तमिलनाडु में हेलिकॉप्टर दुर्घटना से मैं बहुत दुखी हूं, जिसमें हमने जनरल बिपिन रावत, उनकी पत्नी और सशस्त्र बलों के अन्य कर्मियों को खो दिया है। उन्होंने अत्यंत परिश्रम के साथ भारत की सेवा की। मेरी संवेदनाएं शोक संतप्त परिवारों के साथ हैं।

जहां जनरल रावत के निधन पर पूरा देश शोक व्यक्त कर रहा हैं वहीं सेवानिवृत्त सेना अधिकारी कर्नल बलजीत बख्शी ने संवेदनहीनता भरा ट्वीट किया जिसमे उन्होंने कहा, “कर्म का लोगों से निपटने का अपना तरीका है।” हालांकि लोगों की कड़ी निंदा के बाद उन्होंने अपने अकाउंट से ट्वीट को डिलीट कर दिया।

इतिहास:

चीफ डिफेंस ऑफ़ स्टाफ विपिन रावत का जन्म उत्तराखंड के पौरी गढ़वाल जिले में हुआ था। लम्बे समय तक फ़ौज में रहने के दौरान जनरल रावत को सेना के प्रमुख सम्मानों से सम्मानित किया गया था। 16 दिसंबर 1978, में जनरल रावत पहली बार मिजोरम के 11वीं गोरखा रायफल की 5वीं बटालियन में कमीशन पर शामिल हुए थे।

जनरल रावत के पिता भी इस यूनिट का हिस्सा थे। उन्होंने अपने पिता से युद्धनीति सीखी, जिनका आगे जंग में उन्होंने भरपूर इस्तेमाल किया। भारत-चीन युद्ध के दौरान जनरल रावत ने मोर्चा संभाला था। इस दौरान उन्होंने नार्थ ईस्ट फ्रॉन्टियर एजेंसी बटालियन की कमान संभाली थी। इसके अलावा उन्होंने कांगो में संयुक्त राष्ट्र की पीसकीपिंग फोर्स की भी अगुवाई की। चीन से जंग के दौरान भी जनरल रावत ने बहादुरी का परिचय दिया था। वर्ष 1962 में मैकमोहन रेखा पर गतिरोध को लेकर जनरल रावत ने पहली बार चीन से लोहा लिया और बहादुरी से उन्हें रोके रखा। जम्मू-कश्मीर में शांति कायम करने के लिए उन्होंने एक कंपनी की कमान संभाली और वास्तविक नियंत्रण रेखा (LAC) के अलावा पूर्वी सेक्टर पर पांचवीं बटालियन 11 गोरखा राइफल्स की कमान भी उन्होंने संभाली थी। 1 सितंबर, 2016 को जनरल रावत ने सेना के उप-प्रमुख का पद संभाला और 31 दिसंबर 2016 को सेना चीफ का पद पर अधिकृत थे। उनकी कार्य कुशलता और अनुभव को देखते हुए भारत सरकार ने 1 जनवरी 2020 में जनरल रावत को तीनों सेना का प्रमुख यानी चीफ डिफेन्स ऑफ़ स्टाफ बनाया।

सेना में रहते हुए उन्हें अब तक परम विशिष्ट सेवा पदक, उत्तम युद्ध सेवा पदक, अति विशिष्ट सेवा पदक, युद्ध सेवा पदक, सेना पदक, विशिष्ट सेवा पदक से भी सम्मानित किया गया।

Continue Reading

Corona

ओमिक्रॉन वैरिएंट के चलते भारत में स्थगित हुई अंतरराष्ट्रीय हवाई यात्रा

Published

on

Omicron | News Aur Chai | International Flight Ban

कोरोना वायरस के ओमिक्रॉन वैरिएंट के कारण भारत में पूर्व निर्धारित अंतरराष्ट्रीय विमान सेवाएं रोक दी गई हैं। सरकार की तरफ से पहले यह फैसला किया गया था कि 15 दिसंबर से अंतरराष्ट्रीय उड़ानों को शुरू किया जाएगा। लेकिन ओमिक्रोन के खतरे को मद्दे नज़र रखते हुए अब इस फैसले को टाल दिया गया है। यानी अब भारत में 15 दिसंबर से अंतरराष्ट्रीय उड़ानें शुरू नहीं हो पाएंगी। डायरेक्टोरेट जनरल ऑफ सिविल एविएशन की तरफ से कहा गया है कि वो अपने पूर्व के फैसले पर पुनर्विचार करेगें।

 प्रधानमंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी ने 27 नवंबर को ओमिक्रॉन को लेकर बैठक की थी और इसी दौरान 15 दिसंबर से अंतरराष्ट्रीय उड़ानें शुरू करने के फैसले पर पुनर्विचार करने को कहा गया था। प्रधानमंत्री ने विदेश से आने वाले लोगों की सख्त निगरानी करने की बात भी कही थी। ओमिक्रॉन के चलते हाल ही में सिक्किम ने विदेशी यात्रियों के आने-जाने पर रोक लगा दी है।

पिछले वर्ष कोरोना के चलते एहतियातन देश में नियमित अंतरराष्ट्रीय उड़ानें रद्द कर दी गई थी। हालांकि कुछ समय बाद कई देशों के साथ सीमित हवाई सेवा शुरू कर दी गई थी। ऐसा माना जा रहा था की इस बार क्रिसमस और नए साल की छुट्टियों के मौके पर अंतरराष्ट्रीय उड़ानें फिर से शुरू कर दी जाएंगी लेकीन, दक्षिण अफ्रीका में पाए गए ओमिक्रॉन वैरिएंट के कारण अभी इस पर ब्रेक लगता दिख रहा है।

कई देशों में इस खतरनाक वैरिएंट को लेकर गाइडलाइंस जारी कर दी गई हैं, और इससे बचने के लिए अनेकों ऐ‍हतियात बरते जा रहे है। WHO ने इसे ‘वैरिएंट ऑफ कंसर्न’, यानि चिंताजनक घोषित किया है।

जनरल वीके सिंह ने सोमवार को कहा था कि “अंतरराष्ट्रीय उड़ानों को फिर से शुरू करने के लिए हम पर जनता का जबरदस्त दबाव है”। हम सभी नियमों का पालन कर रहे हैं और सावधानी बरत रहे हैं। बाहर से आने वाले हर व्यक्ति का परीक्षण और जांच हवाई अड्डे पर किया जा रहा है। परिणामों को देखने के बाद ही, उन्हें अनुमति दी जा रही है।

कोरोना वायरस के नए वैरिएंट ओमिक्रॉन के खतरे को देखते हुए केंद्रीय स्वास्थ्य मंत्रालय ने भारत आने वाले अंतरराष्ट्रीय यात्रियों के लिए संशोधित दिशानिर्देश जारी किए हैं। इन दिशानिर्देशों के तहत अब यात्रियों को 14 दिन की यात्रा जानकारी और कोरोना वायरस की निगेटिव आरटी-पीसीआर जांच रिपोर्ट एयर सुविधा पोर्टल पर अपलोड करना अनिवार्य होगा। स्वास्थ्य मंत्रालय के दिशानिर्देशों के अनुसार खतरे की श्रेणी में आने वाले देशों के यात्रियों को भारत पहुंचने पर कोरोना जांच करवानी होगी और जांच का परिणाम आने तक एयरपोर्ट पर ही इंतजार करना होगा। अगर उनकी जांच निगेटिव आती है तो उन्हें सात दिन तक होम क्वारंटीन में रहना होगा और आठवें दिन फिर जांच की जाएगी। इस बार भी निगेटिव आने पर उन्हें अगले सात दिन के लिए खुद अपने स्वास्थ्य पर नजर रखने को कहा जाएगा।

कोरोना वायरस का नया वैरियंट ओमीक्रोन भारत में भी दस्तक दे चुका है। साथ ही साथ ऑस्ट्रेलिया, ऑस्ट्रिया, बेल्जियम, बोत्सवाना, ब्राजील, कनाडा, चेक गणराज्य, डेनमार्क, फ्रांस, जर्मनी, घाना, हांगकांग, आयरलैंड, इजराइल, इटली, जापान, मोजाम्बिक, नीदरलैंड, नाइजीरिया, नॉर्वे, पुर्तगाल, रीयूनियन द्वीपसमूह, सऊदी अरब, दक्षिण अफ्रीका, दक्षिण कोरिया, स्पेन, स्वीडन, स्विटजरलैंड, यूएई, ब्रिटेन और अमेरिका भी ओमीक्रोन के गिरफ्त में आ चुके हैं।

Continue Reading

Most Popular