Stalwart Rishi Kapoor’s Death on Thursday morning left the whole nation heartbroken. After a long battle with cancer, the actor passed away at Mumbai’s HN Reliance Hospital. The actor was on ICU support for a week, before his last breath on Monday morning, April 30.
Rishi Kapoor, who has been suffering from leukemia cancer, was facing breathing difficulties and was hence admitted to the hospital on Wednesday night, says his brother Randhir Kapoor. The actor was undergoing cancer treatment in New York, US, for a year and returned to India last year in the month of September.
The news of the veteran actor’s death comes as a big shocking revelation to Bollywood, which was already mourning the death of actor Irrfan Khan, who died on Wednesday due to colon infection.
Rishi Kapoor was the 3rd child of legendary actor Raj Kapoor after Randhir and Ritu Nanda. He is survived by his wife Neetu and son Ranbir and daughter Riddhima. As soon as the news of the actor’s demise got up into the air, the message of condolence started surfing on Twitter. The first came from Big B, Amitabh Bachchan, who tweeted, “I’m destroyed!.”
Akshay Kumar tweeted, “It looks like we are in the middle of a nightmare.”
With a heavy heart, Priyanka Chopra posted a picture of hers along with Rishi Kapoor and his wife, Neetu.
Many others from the film industry, as well as from other streams, including commoners, took Twitter and other social media to covey their condolence.
Indian film Industry indeed lost a legend.
- 1955 -He made his first appearance in the movie at the age of three in Shree 420.
- 1970 – Made his actual debut in Mera Naam Joker
- 1973 – His first role as an adult came in the iconic movie ‘Bobby.’
- 1973 to 2000 – He went on to play romantic roles for 92 films.
- 2019 – He was seen in ‘The Body,’ an official remake of Spanish film ‘El Cuerpo.’
- 2020 – He had recently announced his next project, a remake of Hollywood film ‘The Intern,’ also featuring Deepika Padukone.