No one was aware of this dreadful disease which was coming for the world and keeping us within the four walls of our house–quarantined. The coronavirus has seized people worldwide. Everyone is afraid of what’s the next course of this virus and scared that it might take their life too. Amidst all this chaos, people stuck at home due to quarantine needs some relaxation to clear the mind, rather than let the situation affect mental health.
Reading books is one way you can get rid of the outside world for a while. Read as much as possible not only it deviates your mind, but also help you relax.
Books help you get transported into a magical world. It enables you to escape, and it allows you to get free from the monotonous shackles binding you to your daily chores. And it is definitely going to help you when you are quarantined.
- When you are bored out of your mind and have nothing to do, we suggest you read something adventurous, mysterious or thrilling which can get you on the edge of your seats.
Two of the best choice in such a mood are Airman by Eoin Colfer or The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Choksi. While we suggested the first book because it is something which can be read by all ages, the second book is a fantasy fiction which immediately after the launch became the New York Times Bestseller. Doesn’t it make you want to read the book?
- When you’re sad or upset, the best choice is to that you read something fluffy, something which would help you lift up your spirits. The Flatshare: A Novel by Beth O’Leary is a perfect choice for this type of mood. It is a humorous romance novel and has excellent ratings. It has received 5/5 Waterstones while Goodreads has given it a 4.1/5 (not bad huh?).
Coming to the story of the book, it is about finding love in the most unexpected places. Two people, one flat and the fact that they have never met. Will romance brew between the two or would they only remain flatmates? You have only one way to find out! Read the book.
- There are also times when you are so determined to learn something new, in such desperate times you should pick a book which is definitely going to give you something else other than just the story. The Bear and The Nightingale by Katherine Arden or Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann, is something that can help you go through such situations.
While the first book gives you an insight into Russian myths, the latter talks about how it is like to be asexual, you can also check out The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons. Though the story revolves around war, it does give somewhat accurate information about Russian history and politics.
- What if you’re feeling curious as to what exactly is happening in our world? Grab a copy of End of Days by Sylvia Browne. After all, this book did predict this coronavirus outbreak in 2008. You can also read the thriller written by Dean Koontz- The Eyes of Darkness, which too had predicted this virus. If you read these two books, you would definitely know what all this is about.
- Last but not least, the most important emotion amidst all this: scared. Don’t worry; we’ve got your back even then. Read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, it is a memoir of her life which shows us that the little joys of life should be cherished. It also shows us always to love a little harder, eat that delicious piece of cake and find a spirituality that works for each of us. It also teaches us that there’s never no time to reinvent yourself.
Go through the books we listed and never find yourself alone. Amidst quarantine and stuck in your home, always know that books will be there for you.