In a world full of lies and scams, we got an unsung hero, a person who strives to put out the truth. Famous for his shockingly white hair, his name is Julian Assange. Julian Assange has recently come in the news as the Swedish government dropped the rape investigation associated with him.
While some people view this as a legal disgrace, his fans and followers couldn’t be delighted to see their hero walk away without any charges. Let us know a bit more about this person, who has exposed the secrets which the US government has been hiding from its citizens.
- Julian Paul Assange is an Australian computer programmer and the founder of Wikileaks, an organisation which he founded in 2006. He studied programming, physics and mathematics at Central Queensland University and the University of Melbourne, but did not finish his degree.
- In 1987, Assange started hacking under the pseudonym Mendax. He has hacked into the Pentagon, and other US department of Defence facilities, NASA, MILNET, the US Navy, Citibank, Motorola, Panasonic and Xerox and much more.
- After his period of study at the University of Melbourne, Assange and his friends established Wikileaks in 2006. Wikileaks published secret information, news leaks, and classified media from anonymous sources. By 2015, Wikileaks had published more than 10 million documents and associated analyses and in words of Assange himself, “a giant library of the world’s most persecuted documents.” Wikileaks became a household name after it published documents supplied by Chelsea Manning.
- The Manning material included the Collateral Murder video, which showed US soldiers fatally shooting 18 people from a helicopter in Iraq.
- One of the main reasons he became a public figure is the fact that in 2010, he visited Sweden and became the subject of sexual assault allegations from two women with whom he had affairs. But, recently, these allegations and charges have been dropped.
- Julian Assange has had a tough life and has lived in many countries, seeking asylum and currently resides in Ecuador.
- Even during the recent US elections, his organisation, Wikileaks, hosted information and content of emails sent or received by Hillary Clinton, one of the candidates for the US Presidential elections, from her private email server when she was Secretary of State.
We can see that even though Julian Assange has committed espionage and crimes, he has helped the public by providing them information which pertains to them and the citizens of the US. Julian Assange has lived a tough life and he should be given a shot at redemption. After all, he is the white knight we deserve; the hero who will do whatever it takes to bring the truths which the governments have been hiding from the public. He is a silent guardian, a watchful protector; a white knight!