Here are presenting 15 facts about Hrithik Roshan you probably didn’t know!
So you think you know everything about your handsome hunk Hrithik Roshan, who celebrates his birthday today, i.e January 10?
Read these 15 facts about the superstar who turns 42 today:
1. His official surname is Nagrath, not Roshan.
2. Hrithik attended Mumbai’s Bombay Scottish School, which boasts of a starry alumni courtesy celebrities like John Abraham, Aamir Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Jr. Bachchan, Ekta Kapoor and Aditya Chopra.
3. Remember the Swatch watch from the movie “Kaho Naa…Pyaar Hai”, it was a gift to him by his (then) girlfriend Sussanne Khan which she purchased using her saved pocket money.
4. Even though he advocates a healthy lifestyle, Hrithik found it hard to give up his habit of smoking. But soon after reading Allen Carr’s Easyway to Stop Smoking, he never touched the cigarette again.
5. Music is in his lineage, his uncle Rajesh Roshan and grandfather Roshan are well-known composers. Hrithik hasn’t had any pain carrying a tune in films like Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (Senorita), Guzaarish (It’s a wonderful world) and Kites (Kites in the sky).
6. One of the most stylish stars of Bollywood, HR has his own fashion brand HRx.
7. It was Hrithik’s grandmother who coined the nickname Duggu for him. Supposedly, she was looking for a name that rhymes with her son Rakesh’s Guddu and Duggu was a perfect match.
8. Hrithik has a thing for both dogs and cats. His pets included Puggy, a pug and cats, Pearl and Tiger and most recently a beagle named Paris for his kids Hridaan and Hrehaan. Grievously, Pearl and Puggy are no more.
9. Aamir Khan is synonymous with perfectionism but Hrithik is no less. From taking sword-fighting lessons for Jodhaa Akbar and learning roller-blading for Dhoom 2, to interacting with paraplegic patients as a preparation for his role in Guzaarish, this 42-year-old leaves no stone unturned.
10. The actor assisted his daddy on films like Koyla and Karan Arjun. And considers King Uncle his dad’s least memorable movie.
11. Hrithik signed both Mission Kashmir and Fiza, where he plays a similar role of a young man misled into terrorism, before the release and grand success of Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai.
12. He used to call his late grandmother Ira Roshan as Dida out of affection.
13. Though you can never tell by his confident words, Hrithik used to stutter as a child and had to see a speech therapist to get rid of this obstacle.
14. HR actually performed all the adrenalin-pumping stunts of Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara underwater diving, skydiving and bull chasing.
15. Hrithik is both praised and grateful for regularly topping polls that brand him Gay Icon, Most Stylish or Sexiest Man Alive.