India has surpassed the US in the number of vaccines administered with an average daily rate of 30,93,861 vaccine doses.
India achieved a breakthrough in its COVID-19 vaccination drive by surpassing the USA in terms of the total number of doses administered to its population. India has secured the highest position among the top six countries of the world. India has so far vaccinated 32,36,63,297 people while number of people vaccinated in USA are 32,33,27,328.
The COVID-19 vaccination drive in India started on January 16 2021, while the USA began with their vaccinated drive one month before India, on December 14, 2020. In the press conference, NITI Aayog member V K Paul said 43% of the 60+ population had been covered with at least one dose.
For those over 45 years, 37 per cent of the population has been covered. India has surpassed the US in vaccinating people with at least a single dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. It assures that we are steadily improving and intensifying the vaccine campaign, and it will be intensified so much more in the days to come, Paul said.
On Sunday, India’s vaccination coverage has exceeded 32.36 crores one week after a new policy came into force. India administered over three crores and ninety-one lakh vaccine doses.
Health Ministry tweeted, “This milestone vaccination figure outnumbers the population of many countries like Canada, Malaysia, and Saudi Arabia.” BJP leader JP Nadda said that India’s vaccination drive is the largest and fastest globally because of the free vaccination policy.
“India’s vaccination drive keeps gaining momentum! Congrats to all those who are driving this effort to our commitment, remains vaccine for all, free for all,” PM Modi said.
COVID-19 Vaccination In India:
India started its COVID-19 vaccination drive on January 16, 2021; as of June 28, 2021, India has regulated 329,029,510 doses, including first and second doses of vaccines. Two vaccines were approved for emergency use in India, Covishield and Covaxin.
Indian Government also approved the Russian Sputnik V Vaccine as the third vaccine. In the first phase of the vaccination drive, vaccines were given to health workers and frontline workers, including police, paramilitary forces, sanitation workers and disaster management volunteers.
The second phase of vaccine rollout covered all residents over the ages of 45 and 60.
In phase three, vaccines were given to all residents over the age of 18.
As the new phase began, vaccine doses will be allocated to the States and Union Territories based on their population, vaccination progress and infection burden. Apart from this Centre has decided to buy 75 per cent of the jabs from vaccine manufacturers for free supply to states, while the private hospital will procure the remaining 25 per cent.
Low Vaccine Coverage:
Despite leading the world with its high pace of vaccination and surpassing the USA, India’s rank in vaccine Coverage is still less due to its large population. Because of its large population, India has been able to vaccinate an average of 0.25 people out of 100.
The COVID-19 Cases has been fluctuating; due to the Delta plus variant, the risk is rising day by day, the only way to deal with the situation is to take the vaccine. We have to buy time mainly to ensure that we achieve high coverage of our vaccination, and that is the duration of intense discipline that we want to exercise.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.