Some amazing facts about our MSD.
1. Highest Tax Payer- MSD is one of the highest Taxpayer in the country and he has been the highest individual taxpayer in Jharkhand state.
2. Goalkeeper and Badminton player- Earlier Dhoni was a district Football player. He was a goalkeeper in the team and he was a Badminton player also. He sent for a club cricket match by his football coach.
3. Short Hair- Earlier Dhoni had the long hair but he has shortened it because he wanted to look like Bollywood Actor John Abraham.
4. Debut in Ranji Trophy- Dhoni made his debut for Bihar in the season 1999-2000. He also scored a maiden half-century against Assam.
5. 31st October 2005- Dhoni scored 183 runs off 145 balls in Sawai Man Singh Stadium Jaipur against Sri Lanka, which is the highest by any batsman in the second innings of ODI cricket.
6. Maiden Test Ton- Dhoni’s maiden ton against Pakistan is the fastest century scored by an Indian wicketkeeper in test cricket.
7. 21st October 2008- Under Dhoni’s captaincy India secured a great win against Australia in terms of runs. India won by 320 runs, it was the biggest win in terms of runs for India team in Test Cricket.
8. Every ICC trophy- India has all the ICC trophies under MSD Captaincy. India won 2007 T20 WC, India won 2011 WC (after 28 years) and India also won 2013 Champions Trophy.
9. Award- Dhoni was awarded ICC ODI player of the year for two times in 2008 and 2009, he was also awarded Rajeev Gandhi Khel Ratna and the Padma Shri.
10. Most Valuable Brand- According to the SportsPro magazine Dhoni is the 10th most valuable brand in the field of sports worldwide.
Now that Dhoni has announced his retirement as the Captain from all the formats of Cricket, Team NewsAurChai would like to thank MSD for his contribution to Indian Cricket as the Captian.