A management consultant from Sydney, Australia has suffered severe burns as his iphone 6s left in his back pocket caught fire and gave an explosion noise seconds later. Gareth clear, who had been using that phone for the past 6 months, landed on it after falling from his bike.

Clear had to undergo a skin graft as the burns were rough at Royal North Shore hospital in Sydney and had updated his status on twitter.

apple-iphone-6s-plus

He had also stated that while the “bottom part was damaged with lithium leaking at the end and the metal had bended, the top part remained intact after the fall.”

While Apple has told that the company will carry an investigation regarding the incident, clear took out to twitter to share his views on Lithium batteries and spreading concern among people:

“The more pervasive these are in our lives and the more people use them with a lack of apprehension that something might go wrong, the more that these things will happen”

In a similar incident, in June 2015, Krishna Yadav had claimed that his iphone 6s exploded during a hands free phone call and that he escaped without injuries by immediately throwing it out of the moving car.

SHARE
I am a biotechnology graduate,an animal lover and a foodie at her best! Inquisitive person by nature, talking a LOT comes to me naturally. I am a person who does not let silence dominate me in anyway and believe in letting the world know what you intend to tell them,which is a wonderful trait passed to me by my grandmother.