This is regarding transfer of confirmed railway ticket. An impressive initiative by Railway Ministry and Railway Minister Shri Suresh Prabhu.
1. A confirmed railway ticket can be transferred to your blood relations.
2. If a person is having a confirmed ticket and is unable to travel, then the ticket can be transferred to his/her family members including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, wife or husband.
3. For transfer of ticket, an application must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train to the chief reservation supervisor with an ID proof.
4. Government officials can transfer the confirmed ticket to another government official.
5. A fellow student can transfer his/her ticket to another student.
Share this as it may help somebody.
For Details access/visit – here